Monday, December 14, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Card Sketch SSINKCS28: Lovely as a Tree

 Good morning!  What an amazingly fun and crazy weekend!  There's only one more weekend before Christmas and this one was full of Christmas parties and fun, cookie baking, as well as my last stamp class of the year (loved spending time with the ladies yesterday afternoon).  It was all a lot of fun and I'm glad I was able to get some things crossed off that To To list.  Today over on the SSINKspiration blog it's time for the monthly card sketch and I decided change things up and show how to use something that was designed for Christmas in a non-Christmas use, in this case the designer series paper.

I started with Delightful Dijon cardstock and sponged around the edge with Cherry Cobbler ink.  Next I took some Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper (currently on sale as part of the Year end sale) and sponged all over with Soft Suede ink to antique it and then matted it with Night of Navy cardstock.

For the stamped image I went to the classic, Lovely as a Tree and stamped the tree in Mossy Meadow ink on Soft Sky cardstock and then used the Soft Suede Stampin' Write marker to color in the trunk of the tree before cutting it out with the Big Shot and Deco Label Framelits.  I also used the soft Suede ink to sponge around of the label piece before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

For the greeting I used the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set and used my Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write marker so I could just ink part of the greeting and stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock, sponged around the edge with Night of Navy ink and used dimensionals to attach the greeting.  For a little extra texture I took a piece of Natural 5/8" Chevron Ribbon and used my ribbon scissors to trim the edges and then frayed it before folding it over for a stack ruffled effect.

It was fun to use this "Christmas" paper for a non-Christmas card, and a masculine one at that, go figure.  The other designers are sharing some great cards for inspiration so please, go check them out and then come play along and share what you come up with!

 Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog