Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Anniversary Wishes: Yippee-Skippee

Happy Wednesday!  I always look forward to Wednesday but this Wednesday is extra special is it’s my 15th wedding anniversary (can’t believe Chris and I have been married 15 years but boy have things changed, for the better).  We don’t normally do anything crazy for our anniversary but of course I have to make him a special card, big shock I know.

I started with Blackberry Bliss for the cardbase and then added a piece of Gold Foil Vellum (backed with Whisper White cardstock).  I stamped the “Happy Anniversary” greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set using Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with the Heat Tool and Basic Black Embossing Powder.  When I was embossing it I noticed that the gold foil in the stripes started bubbling up for a rough effect which I really liked so I used my Heat Tool to add this effect to all the stripes.  Next I added a strip of Basic Black cardstock then then layered a piece of Gold Satin Ribbon on top.

For the greeting I decided to go to one of my favorites Yippee-Skippee (so sad it’s retiring) since it has this great say “Never Underestimate the Power of Two”.  During our relationship we’ve had lots of ups and downs but through it all we’ve worked as a team to solve problems, achieve goals, whatever it was and it has really helped us before stronger as a couple.  Anyway, back to the card, I stamped the greeting in Versamark and used Gold Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool to emboss the image before punching it out with the 2” Circle Punch.  I created a mat using some Blackberry Bliss cardstock, Big Shot, and the Window Collection Framelits (also retiring so don’t miss out on these).  I wanted to add some texture to the mat so I embossed it using the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder and Big Shot.  Dimensionals help the greeting piece stand up over the flag pieces perfectly for extra dimension.

I love how elegant this card turned out with the gold, purple, and black perfect for a milestone event (and it’s definitely not girly!!) can’t wait to give it to Chris and see what he thinks.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s projects:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Enjoy and have a great day,
 
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog