Monday, May 11, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Card Sketch Challenge: Really Good Greetings

 Good morning!  After a whirlwind weekend full of Disney, fun, and running, I ended the trip on a redeye home last night and have just landed (boy I really need a vacation to recover from these vacations, but it’s back to work we go!)  It’s the second Monday of the month so over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspirationblog it’s time for a card sketch.  I know I’ve said it before how much I enjoy card sketches as it allows you to change up your card layouts and really help stretch you creationally.  I really liked this month’s layout as it shows the On Film Framelits and love the photo look on cards right now.

I started with Smoky Slate for the cardbase and then added a piece of Pistachio Pudding cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Beautifuly Baroque  Embossing Folder.  For the “picture frame” I used one of the extra pieces from the Hello Life Simply Created Kit (but you could also create one using DSP and the On Film Framelits).  For the “picture” I stamped the greeting from the Really Good Greetings stamp set (using Stampin’ Write Markers) and then used the Dotty Angles stamp set using Silver Encore Ink.  Next I wrapped a piece of Pistachio Pudding Thick Baker’s Twine around the “picture frame” and tied a bow.  The final touch was to add a little bling by punching out a butterfly using the Itty Bitty Butterfly Punch and then embossing it with the Big Shot and Fancy Fans Embossing Folder.  I used a blendabilities marker to color some rhinestones to attach for the body of the butterfly

 
 
 
The mix of soft color and bold black, which hints of silver are really fun and I was really surprised at how much I liked this card after I finished it.  The other design team members are sharing some great cards so please go check them out and then come play along and share what you create!

 
 
 
 
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a great day!

Diana

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Diana, this card is gorgeous and my favorite of the week! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog