Friday, May 15, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: From the Heart

Good morning!  Another crazy work week is coming to an end and looking forward to some fun (and another race) this weekend!  I think summer is trying to shove spring out of the way, I wouldn’t mind the cooler weather staying around as long as possible.  My preorder goodies came yesterday from the new catalog so I’m looking forward to some play time in the studio this week (just wait you are going to love what’s in store in the new catalog!)  It’s Friday, which means it’s time for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge and I decided to combine this one again with the retiring favorites posts over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog (so many great things are retiring I’ve got to enjoy them while I can (and maybe you’ll fall in love!)  I actually used five retiring items on this card but my favorite is the Flashback Designer Series Paper.

I started with Pool Party cardstock and then added a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder.  Next I added two different patterns from the Flashback Designer Series Paper and also added a piece of Smoky Slate Chevron Ribbon.

For the main stamped image I used the From my Heart Stamp set stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock using Stampin’ Write Markers to color in the image before stamping.   Then I cut out the image using the Big Shot and Label Collection Framelits.  I used dimensionals to pop the greeting up over the ribbon for height.

This card is light and airy and the sentiment is really speaking to me given issues that I’ve encountered (so true!). Sometimes little pops of color are all you need to make you smile.  Make sure to check out the other design team members created for inspiration and then play along for some fun this weekend. 

 
 
 


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have an enjoyable weekend!

Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog