Friday, May 1, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Mixed Bunch

Good morning!  It’s May already, how is that possible?  Since I’m in a house full of boys there’s been an added focus the past couple weeks on super hero movies with the upcoming release of the new Avengers movie so we joined the “crazies” last night to catch the first showing of the movie before it’s officially released today, it was a lot of fun!  Today I’m sharing a card that’s a combo using this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch challenge along with the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog  retiring favorites post (using the Mixed Bunch stamp set).  I have to admit that when this stamp set was initially released a few years ago I didn’t care for it and didn’t buy it but it was one of the free sets we received at Leadership Conference so we had several make & takes using the stamp set and immediately I was in love and been using it ever since.  Patrice provided this weeks card sketch and I really like how it leaves a lot up to the creators preference and used the Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper as the foundation for my color selection (I loved this paper since it was first released and since it’s retiring will be enjoying it in my stash for personal projects).

I started with Tempting Turquoise for the cardbase and then added a piece of the DSP for a fun background and wrapped a piece of Rich Razzleberry ¼” Cotton Ribbon around the DSP.  For the flower I stamped the Mixed Bunch flower twice using Rich Razzleberry ink on Melon Mambo cardstock before punching it out with the coordinating Blossom Punch.  I used a bone folder to curl up the petals of the flowers and layered them for a fuller flower.  In the center of the flower I added a Pacific Point button from the Brights Designer Buttons and tied a bow in the button using Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine.
For the greeting I used another retiring stamp set, Really Good Greetings. After stamping it in Pacific Point ink on Whisper White cardstock I punched it out with the Oval Punch and matted it with Old Olive cardstock punched out using the Scalloped Oval Punch.  Dimensionals were used to attach the greeting to the cardfront.

I’ve always been a fan of our brights color family and love when we have some great DSP that really lets these colors shine and provide some fun so here’s hoping for some equally fun paper in the new catalog.  The design teams on both blogs are sharing some fun cards so make sure to check them out and then come play along with the Sketch Frenzy Friday ladies, we’d love to have you!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog