Sunday, May 17, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #70

 Happy Sunday!  It’s another race day (can’t believe I booked these back to back but this moring I’m running with the Marines down in Fredericksburg at the Historic Half so I’m excited, let’s see if I can conquer Hospital Hill!!)  I had a little bit of time yesterday in the studio and am loving the new In Colors and new catalog products I’ve gotten to see so far (you will love them too!)  The Can You Case It? Design team is changing things up so this week I’m not one of the design team members but just playing along for fun with everyone else.  This weeks theme was flowers and boy is that wide open for interpretation and creation!  I decided to mix it up with several different prints and stamps so it’s full of color and fun.

I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of DSP from the Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper Pack.  I took a different pattern from the same package and matted it with Daffodil Delight cardstock and wrapped some Wild Wasabi Baker’s Twine from the Painted Blooms Cotton Baker’s Twine package before attaching it to the cardfront.

For the stamped image I used the Bloom with Hope stamp set and stamped the image in Wild Wasabi ink before coloring it in with Stampin’ Write Markers.  I punched out the flower with the 2” Circle Punch and then punched out the mat with Rose Red cardstock and the 2 3/8” Scallop Circle Punch and then attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink and then punched out with the Modern Label Punch.  Dimensionals were again used to attach the greeting to the cardfront and then I added a little bling with some rhinestones on the greeting piece.

I love birthday’s so this card has lots cheer perfect to celebrate a special day and flowers are everywhere this time of year so this reminds me of spring.  It also has lots of retiring products so don’t miss out on getting these before they go away! 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have an enjoyable Sunday!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Diana, your card is to die for! Love love love it! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog