Friday, May 22, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Chalk Talk

Good morning!  Yeah, I’m so excited for this holiday weekend!  Anytime you have extra time off to spend with friends and family, and relax is always a good thing so this should be a great weekend.  Before the fun can get started we have to get through work and I have some fun to share with you.  It’s Friday so I have a new Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge and once again I combined it with the Stylin' Stampin' INKspirationblog Retiring Favorites by using the Chalk Talk stamp set.  For this weeks sketch challenge, I was the designer and it’s always fun to see what people come up with using your layout.

I started with Lost Lagoon for the cardbase and then added a piece of DSP from the Flowerpot Designer Series Paper (the patterns in this DSP are so soft and classic using a fun mix of colors, that I’ll admit I wouldn’t have thought of mixing together).  I used another strip of the DSP in a coordinating print for the flag along the bottom, along with a piece of Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon.

For the main focal piece I used the Chalk Talk stamp set and stamped the frame piece of Blushing Bride cardstock with the same color ink and cut it out with the Big Shot and Chalk Talk Framelits.  The greeting is from the same set and was colored in using Stampin’ Write Markers and I punched it out with the Extra Large Oval Punch before using dimensionals to attach both stamped layers to the cardfront.  For a final accent I punched  little flower out of the DSP using the flower from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and added a rhinestone to the center.

The Chalk Talk stamp set is one of my favorites and the fact that it has matching framelits is awesome so I’m sad it’s retiring but glad I have it in my studio to use in the future.  Please go check out the projects the other designers are sharing on both blogs and then come play along (you have extra time this week so hope you have some crafting fun!)

 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have a great weekend,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog