Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge 147: Broadway Bound Christmas Greetings

Good evening!  When you look at the Broadway Bound product suite it's easy to think about birthdays of course, but I wanted to show some alternate uses and since I'm sure you would normally think of Christmas that was what I decided to make (understanding that of course I did need a couple of other items for the greeting.  I'm using the Fab Friday sketch challenge as inspiration for the layout and went from there.

I started with Mint Macaron cardstock for the cardbase and then added Tranquil Tide cardstock for the cardfront and stamped all over the front using the diamond image from the Broadway Birthday stamp set using Tranquil Tide ink and then added a piece of the gold foil designer series paper from the Broadway Bound Specialty Designer Series Paper.

For the greeting I used the Broadway Lights framelits and the Big Shot to cut the black inside of the lights image as the mat for the greeting and the "happy" was cut using the Merry Christmas Thinlits and Mint Macaron cardstock.  The rest of the greeting is from the Merry Christmas to All stamp set and was stamped in Tranquil Tide ink on Whisper White cardstock and then I used a die from the thinlits to cut it out and dimensionals help pop it up.  The final touch was to tie a double bow using Basic Black Solid Baker's Twine.








I have to admit this card doesn't have the feel of a traditional Christmas card but works and has more of a retro feel and I love the mix of products to come up with something unexpected.  Oh so fun!








Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Your colors are perfect, love that gold banner. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome this paper looks for Christmas - great idea! I love it paired with the Tranquil Tide! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog