Monday, June 29, 2009

I did it! Farewall 2008-2009 Stampin' Up! In Colors

After missing the deadline last week for last weeks Stamping 411 challenge I was determined to not only get my entry ready early, but actually posted (go figure…) I love this weeks challenge since this is a layout I usually do in landscape format and it was fun to turn it around to vertical.

The card base uses Riding Hood Red cardstock and has a piece of Bella Rose DSP (it’s funny, I really didn’t like this years In Colors when they first came out and didn’t like this DSP when I saw the sneek peak samples, but knowing how much I love DSP I ordered it anyway and I’m so glad I did. Not only did this DSP become my favorite paper all year but it made me fall in the love with the In Colors and now I’m sad that they are retiring on Wednesday). Anyways, the middle strip starts with a piece of Kiwi Kiss cardstock that I used the Eyelet Border Punch. Inside that is another piece of Bella Rose DSP. I wrapped a piece of Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon (showing the Very Vanilla side) and tied it in a pretty little knot. For the image I used the Dreams de Jour stamp set and stamped the main image on Whisper White Cardstock with Basic Black classic ink. I used a Blender Pen to color in the flowers using Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, and Pink Pirouette Classic Ink Pad. Then I cut out the image with my Paper Snips to make sure I got the bits of flower and leaves that peak out from the border. I punched out a piece of Kiwi Kiss cardstock with the Square Scallop Punch for the base and mounted it with Dimensionals so it pops.


I really like this card, very simple but pretty!

Also, I wanted to remind you that I have a couple of more spots in the In Color Ribbon sampler so please let me know ASAP if you are interested in joining. Also, our next Stamp-a-stack is scheduled for July 12 and we’ll be playing with the new In Colors, DSP, and Stamp sets (as well as the circle cutter plus) so make sure to reserve your spot soon!

Thanks and have a great day!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty Diana! I am going to miss these colors and this paper too!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch challenge this week. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Diana! I am SO going to miss the old in colors, but I look forward to the challenge of the new ones. Thanks for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog