Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bloomin' Beautiful Stamping 411 Challenge and Excititing News

What a crazy week! I don't seem to know where the week went, I'm so looking forward to the weekend.

I finished this weeks card for the Stamping 411 challenge on Monday and even took the picture but have not been able to post until now. I also missed the time to post my entry but I thought you would still like to see my creation. I started with a base of Baja Breeze cardstock (can you tell this is one of my favorite colors of all time??) And then used the Walk in the Park DSP (from the Occasions Mini Catalog). I used a strip of DSP from the same package as my accent and layered it with Basic Grey Cardstock (this color is definately growing on me). I stamped my main image from the Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set and they tried the technique from the current IDC where you stamp the definition on the pot by masking the pot.


I colored the pot with a Creamy Caramel Stampin' Write Marker and the leaves with the Mellow Moss Marker. Since we all know I don't care to water color an image this big I used a Sponge Dauber with the Cameo Coral Classic Stamp Pad and just kept layering the ink until I got the coverage I wanted. I used the White Gel Pen to highlight the centers of the Flowers. I also stamped the bee on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, colored it in with a So Saffron Marker and cut it out with my paper snips. The little be is mounted with a dimensional so it pops. Then, I used the horizontal slot punch to cut an opening and threaded my Whisper White Ribbon from the Dress Up Ribbon Originals Pack. This ribbon is great because it has a lace look to it so I thought it really suited this card.

The entire image is matted with Basic Grey cardstock and then mounted to the front of the card.

I hope you enjoy the card, I decided to make it a birthday card for our friend Mary, so I hope she likes it.

Also, I have some very exciting news....the UPS man dropped of my 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog order. I love the new catalog and know that you will to so contact me to get your copy soon. There are 3 ways to get your copy:

1) Host a workshop

2) Join our Stamp Camp where we rotate workshops between all the members, or

3) Pay $10 (and you'll receive a $10 gift certificate to be used on your first order.


I hope you are enjoying your week and we only have 5 more days before we can order from the new catalog so make sure to contact me to order any items from the Last Chance List that are on your Wish List before they are gone.

Have an enjoyable weekend and I hope to be better posting my card next week!



















Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog