Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The heat has returned…..


For some reason every time it gets hot and humid I think of heading to the beach (which means living in Northern VA I’ll be day dreaming a lot over the upcoming months!) Today’s card definitely transports me to the beach. I started with a strip of Whisper White cardstock and used the Lazy Days Jumbo Wheel (from the mini catalog) with Pumpkin Pie ink. Then I tore one edge of the cardstock (this is a great way to kind any crooked “wheeling,” as well as a piece of Pacific Point. I attached these 2 strips together and attached them to the left side of my base of Whisper White Cardstock. Then I stamped the main image, I’m thinking it looks like a PT Cruiser (from the Just Beachy stamp set) in Chocolate Chip ink and colored it in with Creamy Caramel, Real Rust, Pumpkin Pie, and Close to Cocoa Stampin’ Write Markers. I used a mat of Pumpkin Pie to set this off from the rest of the card. The sun image was stamped with Pumpkin Pie ink on Summer Sun cardstock and then I used the Stampin’ Sponge with the Pumpkin Pie ink to soften the sun and give it some texture. I cut out the sun with Paper Snips and used a Dimensional so the sun popped. The greating is from the Family Phrases stamp set (I love this versatile set, it’s not so serious) with the Pacific Point ink.

Also, you can’t see it from the picture but I stamped one of the fish images with Pacific Point ink on the inside bottom of the card just to add something to the white inside.

What do you think? I like the fun tone to the card and definitely something that could be given to a kid or man in your life. It also seems to have gotten the “Aidan seal of approval,” he was with me while I was stamping and has already asked to give it to daddy for his birthday, so we’ll see.

Hope you have a great day and are able to stay cool!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog