Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Thursday…..

So this weeks Mojo Monday challenge presented an interested dilemma. I don’t normally make cards that are not the standard 4 ¼” x 5 ½” so I decided to make a 3” x 6” card that would fit into our Small Open-End Envelopes (this size is also perfect for giving money)! This dilemma has also caused me post a little late in the week, but it's better late then never.

Anyway, I started with a base of Baja Breeze and added a layer of Parisian Breeze Specialty DSP (I’m so sad this paper is retiring, I love the color combo, prints, as well as the texture!!!!) with a band of 5/8” Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon. Then I used an alternate piece of DSP which was cut to 1” x 3” and was matted with Chocolate Chip Textured Cardstock. I decided to do something different and use my greeting as the focal image, from the Full of Life Stamp set and stamped the birthday saying on a piece of Whisper White which was matted with Baja Breeze Cardstock. I took a little bit of liberty with the challenge layout and moved my embellishment to the bottom right corner (it just looked better). For the embellishment I used 2 different flowers from the Flower Fusion Too Accents and Elements (also retiringL) and attached both of them to the DSP with a Clear Rhinestone Brad.

I like the elegant simplicity of this card, perfect for a birthday of any age. I hope you enjoyed the challenge as well and just think of all the possibilities just by substituting different DSP and stamps.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog