Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Paper Craft Crew Color Challenge #PCC376: Timeless Tropical

Good morning!

I'm so happy that the sun is returning today, makes staying at home a little better.  When I saw this weeks Paper Craft Crew color challenge colors I immediately thought of the Tropical Oasis Product Suite and all it's rich colors.  I haven't had a chance to play with the items in this suite so now's the perfect time.

I started with Grapefruit Grove cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Coastal Cabana cardstock as a mat for the cardfront using Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper.  I decided to add another pattern of this paper as a belly band and matted it with Pear Pizzaz cardstock.

For the stamped image I stamped the large orchid from the Timeless Tropical stamp set using Coastal Cabana ink and Whisper White cardstock and then cut it out with the coordinating In the Tropics Dies.  I used a sponge dauber to color in the flower using So Saffron and Grapefruit Grove.  To finish off the coloring of the flower I took a Real Red Light Stampin' Blends Marker and added dots in the center and then sponged around the edge with Soft Suede ink.  I used the same dies to cut out two of the leaves (that's also embossed) using Pear Pizzaz cardstock and then lightly sponged it to make the embossing pop.

The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Coastal Cabana ink on Whisper White cardstock and then used the Ornate Frames Dies to cut it out before sponging the edges with Pear Pizzaz ink.  I added a piece of 5/16" Braided Burlap Trim that I frayed on the edge (love this ribbon trim!).  The flower is popped up with dimensionals.

I love everything about this card and it's making think beachy thoughts that will hopefully be here soon.  I've also decided since we're social distancing right now, it's more important than ever to mail cards to connect with friends and family and let them know we're thinking of them.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing for inspiration and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create!

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog