Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge #331: Colorful Seasons

Good morning!

I got a little comfortable with those warmer, spring like temps, last week but Mother Nature decided to remind me that it is most definitely still winter for a bit.  I don't mind winter but if it's going to be cold a little snow makes it a little better.  With all these snowy winter feelings this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration challenge is a perfect fit and I decided to show a little love to one of our annual catalog favorites, Colorful Seasons, which has images perfect for all seasons.

For this card I started with Balmy Blue as the cardbase and then added Night of Navy as mat for the Whisper White cardfront.  On the cardfront I stamped the different snowflake images in both shades of blue and then sponged around the edges with Balmy Blue ink.  To finish off the cardfront I embossed it with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.

Next I took a piece of Night of Navy cardstock and matted it with Silver Foil paper for that little bling.  So the inspiration pictures had some trees in them so I decided to use the branch die from the Seasonal Layers Dies and Early Espresso cardstock to make the bare branch that is out this time of year.  I wanted to highlight the red but have a little fun so I added some hearts using one of the dies from the Trio of Tags Dies and Real Red cardstock to look like the hearts are buds on the branch.

To finish off the card I added the greeting which was stamped in Night of Navy ink on Whisper White cardstock before cutting it out with the Stitched Shapes Dies and sponging around the edges before attaching with dimensionals.  The ribbon is the Silver 3/8" Metallic Edge Ribbon and I colored with the Balmy Blue Dark Stampin' Blends Marker before tying a knot.

I love the soft, winter colors which the pop of bright red and with this greeting you could use it as an anniversary or even Valentine's Card.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing using this inspiration challenge and we would love for you to play along and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog