Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Paper Craft Crew Inspiration Challenge #PCC349: Birch Birthday Greetings

Good morning!

This week the Paper Craft Crew has a fun inspiration challenge, all about butterflies and blooms.  Now I have a small confession, I'm not a huge fan of butterflies in my crafting, don't hate them but they don't usually inspire me so after looking through all my stamping stash I was shocked to not have anything butterfly that I could use for this challenge, so instead I'm focusing on the blooms.

I'm loving the new Heirloom Frames Dies and Embossing Folders so I decided to create the look of vintage framed art you might remember and just went from there.



I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then matted the Whisper White cardfront with Basic Black ink.  To create the cardfront I stamped with the Birch stamp set in Crumb Cake ink and then sponged around the edges with Petal Pink ink.


For the frame I used Early Espresso cardstock and after cutting and embossing I used the new Delicata Metallic Copper ink to sponge all over the embossing to create that antique feel and used dimensionals to attach the frame.  For the artwork inside the frame I used the Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper.

To finish off the card I added a bow tied with Whisper White 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and then added the greeting using the Itty Bitty Birthday stamp set and stamped with Basic Black ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and then cut it out with the Stitched Shapes Dies before attaching it with dimensionals.

This card reminds me of something I remember seeing at my grandparents house and love the soft colors and mix of textures.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing using this fun inspiration challenge and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create!

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy,

Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog