Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge 304: So Santa

 Good morning!  With all the craziness that makes up my wonderful family one thing that has always provided me a little calm and release is crafting so I was so excited last night to take a break and get in the studio to create a card using this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments card sketch.  Now of course, I can't stop thinking about holidays but I was able to pull out the Stampin' Blends and get a little color therapy while watching The Santa Clause.

I used Thick Whisper White cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Real Red cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Cable Knit Dynamic Embossing Folder and then added a strip of the All is Bright Designer Series Paper along the right side.

For the main image I grabbed the So Santa stamp set and stamped this cute little Santa baker in Momento Black ink on Whisper White cardstock and then used my Stampin' Blends to color him in before cutting it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and attached it with dimensionals.

To finish off the card I stamped the greeting in Basic Black on Pool Party cardstock and cut it out with the Big Shot and Merry Christmas Thinlits.  I added a coordinating piece of the All is Bright DSP behind the greeting and then tied a little bow using Garden Green and Whisper White Baker's Twine as the finishing touch.

What isn't to love about this card?  Santa can bake me sweet treats anytime (I may just have to run a little longer) and the sweater embossing and classic Christmas light bulb pattern bring back childhood memories.  Make sure to check out all the other great cards the design team is sharing for inspiration and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create using this sketch challenge.

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog