Monday, February 26, 2018

SSINKspiration Back to Nature: Waterfront

Good morning!  What a cold, dreary weekend we had.  Certainly not something I wanted to spend lots of time in outside so I was happy today the SSINKspiration designers are taking it "back to nature" for today's cards so I could create something I more like to enjoy while I'm outdoors.  The Waterfront stamp set in the Occasions Catalog is so awesome but I haven't been able to give it any love so I finally got it inky this weekend.  I also got to try out the Brusho Crystal Colour for the first time and oh my, love it!   (I actually used it on three different projects this weekend and created different looks each time.)

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then used Very Vanilla for the cardfront.  To create the background I started by spritzing the cardstock with water and then lightly sprinkling with the Blue Brusho and then used my Aqua Painter to swirl the color around to create a watercolor look.  Then I set it aside to dry (it does take a little while depending on how much water you add but you can always speed the drying up with the Heat Tool).  Once the background was try I stamped the greeting on the back using Basic Black ink.

For the main stamped image I cut a circle out of Very Vanilla Cardstock using the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits then I started building my image (and since this set is photopolymer it's really easy to line up all the images just how I want.  I used different shades of blue Stampin' Write Markers and colored directly on the stamp to create all the different shades of water so it looks like it has movement).  Before attaching the piece to the cardfront I added a strip of designer series paper from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack and then added the stamped piece with dimensionals.  The final touch is a bow tied with 1/4" Copper Trim.

Now doesn't this look much more appealing than what we had this weekend?  This looks like the perfect place for a relaxing hike or family camping trip, come on spring I know you're almost here!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog