Thursday, March 1, 2018

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge: Bubble Over

Good morning!  This week is flying by but  that's good since we're now in March we can officially begin celebrating my birthday month, whoo hoo!  Even though my actual birthday isn't until the end of the month I believe is starting the festivities for the full month and really enjoying every minute of it.  Despite all this weeks craziness I was able to get a little time in the studio and decided to play along with Fab Friday sketch challenge this week.  This a classic layout and when I was looking at immediately the soda pop from the Bubble Over stamp set came to mind.

I started with Basic Gray cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock for the cardfront and stamped the bubbles using Whisper White Craft Ink in the top left corner so it would look like fizzies coming out of the bottle.  Next I added a strip of DSP from the coordinating Bubbles and Fizz Designer Series Paper (a Sale-a-bration freebie!!)




For the main image I stamped the smaller bottle image on Whisper White cardstock using Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay ink.  The greeting was stamped directly on the bottle label using Basic Gray ink and then cut it out using the coordinating Bottles and Bubbles Framelits to cut out the bottle as well as the bottle caps using Silver Foil Paper.  I used a 1/2" Circle Punch to punch out one of the bottle top images from another sheet of the DSP so the top coordinated.  The final touch was the bow and I used a couple pieces of Whisper White 1/8" Sheer Ribbon and colored them using the Bermuda Bay Light Stampin' Blends marker (give the ribbon just a couple of minutes to dry before tying the ribbon).

I love the fun colors and patterns on this card, it makes me think of summer fun, which will be here before we know it.



Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Super fun - love that tilty bottle - just ready to pour! The doubled bow is brilliant, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog