Friday, February 16, 2018

SSINKspiration Winter Blues: Lovely as a Tree

Happy FriYAY!!  What a crazy, fun week with Valentine's and my son's birthday we've been in full on celebration mode.  Today the SSINKspiration designers are taking on the "winter blues" and as it was an unusual 75 degrees here yesterday I was definitely not feeling blue about the weather so I decided to take inspiration from the blue colors and make a card for all these winter birthdays we have.

I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Island Indigo cardstock as a mat for my Foil Frenzy Specialty Designer Series Paper (I used the Pool Party pattern that reminds me of snow falling).  I wrapped a piece of Island Indigo 1/4" Ombre Ribbon around the cardfront before attaching it to the cardbase and then tied a bow.  Where has this ombre ribbon been all year, I bought this color in my first order last year but this was my first time using it, and oh my is it beautiful!


For the stamped image I used the classic Lovely as a Tree stamp set and used Pool Party ink and then sponged Island Indigo ink randomly on the stamp before stamping on Whisper White cardstock to add to another element of that ombre feel.  I used the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut the piece out and then sponged around the edge in Island Indigo ink before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

The final touch was to add the greeting, and for this I used the Sweet Cupcake stamp set and stamped in Island Indigo ink on Pool Party cardstock before punching it out with the Classic Label Punch and attaching it with dimensionals as well.

This card definitely has the "blue feel" to it but there is nothing sad and is perfect to wish someone happy birthday.  The other members of the design team are sharing some great cards using this same theme so make sure to go check them out.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog