Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge: Color Me Happy

Good morning!  Today I decided to play along with this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge for a bright and cheery card which matches the unusually warm weather we have this week (trust me, no complaints here).

I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Petal Passion Designer Series Paper (I used the natural watercolor look of the DSP for the splatter look on the sketch).  Next I took a piece of Night of Navy cardstock and embossed it with the Big Shot and Sweetheart Embossing Folder before wrapping a piece of Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Stitched-Edge Ribbon around the cardfront and tied a knot.

For the main stamped image I decided to use my Stampin' Blends again (really falling in love with these) so I stamped the greeting from the Color Me Happy stamp set on Whisper White cardstock with Momento Black ink and then used Pool Party, Night of Navy, and Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends to color it in before cutting it out with the Big Shot and Layering Ovals FramelitsDimensionals were used to attach the greeting to the cardfront.





I really like how the black background helps the colors really pop, for a nice classic look and this is such a classic sketch it would work for almost anything, and not even just cards.








Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Oh the navy with a pop of orange is so awesome. I am loving everything about this card. Thanks for linking up with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you changed the square focal point to an oval! Very pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Diana! Love how you used that paper with those colors. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Love the colors and your coloring technique is so professional. Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog