Friday, October 14, 2016

SSINKspiration Halloween Stamp Set Focus: Cookie Cutter Halloween

Happy Friday!  I was finally able to get the majority of our Halloween/Fall decorations up so it's finally starting to feel like fall has arrived (the cooler weather is helping also).  Today over on the SSINKspiration blog we're focusing on Halloween stamp sets, something I've been all over lately.  I participated in a card swap at the crafting retreat I attended recently so I thought I would share the card I made so swap since it fits the theme.

I started with Smoky Slate cardstock for the cardbase and then used the same color for the cardfront (kind of like this tone on tone look).  On the cardfront I started by stamping the large spider web image from the Goulish Grunge stamp set in Smoky Slate ink and then used the same color to stamp the net image in the middle of the card but stamped off first so it was a little lighter.  Next I sponged around the edge of the cardfront with Smoky Slate ink so it stood out from the cardbase.

The greeting is from the Spooky Fun stamp set and was stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink and then accented with a Halloween Night Enamel Dot.  For the flags I used a piece of Halloween Night Speciality Designer Series Paper as well as a piece of the coordinating Halloween Night Designer Washi Tape.

For the main image I used the super cute Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set and coordinating Cookie Cutter punch (I love that there is both a Halloween/Fall set and Christmas stamp set that coordinate with this punch for double the fun!!)  For the swap I used all different Halloween images (in this picture it's Dracula) and it was stamped using Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock.  After punching him out I colored him in using Stampin' Write Markers before attaching him to the cardfront using dimensionals.

This card has lots of steps but nothing that took lots of time which is great when you're making multiples (in this case I made 25), plus this card is pretty flat so the post office will be happy.  I love the cute images in this stamp set and have had lots of fun using them on all sorts of projects, just the right size!  Make sure to check out the other Halloween cards the design team is sharing so you get get inspiration to get cracking on your Halloween projects (if they're not already done)!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:


Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog