Monday, October 31, 2016

SSINKspiration Halloween Cards: Jar of Haunts

Happy Halloween!  We're looking forward to a day full of spooky fun, how about you?  Today over on the SSINKspiration blog we're sharing our last Halloween cards of the season so it's only fitting that I saved for today the card I designed for my family.  The Jar of Haunts stamp set and has so many great images that I had lots of fun playing with it and used the set to make several variations to the jars used on this card the but the basic layout is the same (I also made a cute monster jar for one card but forgot to take a picture before mailing, oh well!!)

I started with Smoky Slate cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock for the cardfront.  I used the Goulish Grunge stamp set to stamp the large spider web in the top corner using Basic Gray ink and then  used the net image and stamped off once for the detail in the middle behind the greeting.  The greeting was from the Spooky Fun stamp set and was stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink. 






The Halloween Night Speciality Designer Series Paper has so many great patterns so I decided to use this neutral pattern and matted it with Pumpkin Pie cardstock and then wrapped some Halloween Night Baker's Twine for the perfect accent.











For the main stamped image I started by stamping the medium card using the Jar of Haunts stamp set and then stamped the different car fillings, candy corns, eyeballs, etc. or the mummy jar, colored them in as appropriate and then cut them out using the Big Shot and Everyday Jars Framelits.  Of course every mason jar needs a silver lid so I stamped the jar lid using Versamark and then added Silver Embossing Powder and heat embossed it using the Heat Tool, cut it out using the coordinating framelit and attached the jar lid with dimensionals.

The final touch was to add some enamel dots from the Halloween Night Enamel dots to accent the spider web (kind of like dew drops??)

These cards turned out so cute and have just the right amount fun spooky so they're fun and whimsical, hoping my family loves them as much as I do.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing for your fill of Halloween fun!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on todays card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog