Wednesday, October 7, 2015

SSINKspiration Hostess Stamp Set Focus: Six Sayings

Good morning!  I was completely wiped after this weekends race and am still recovering, I wasn’t even able to step foot in the studio (so sad).  By now you know how much I’m in love with this years Holiday catalog (it really is awesome) and one of the areas that I really love are the hostess sets that are available under the Holiday Catalog (they are perfect!!)  Today on the SSINKspiration blog we’re sharing some ideas using the hostess sets available (both in the Idea Book and Catalog as well as the Holiday Catalog).  It was an easy choice for me to showcase the Six Sayings stamp set from the Holiday Catalog.

I started with Basic Gray cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Very
Vanilla cardstock and I stamped the greeting from the Six Sayings hostess stamp set in Momento Tuxedo Black ink (I used the stamp repeated all over the cardstock to create a patterned paper).  Next I took a sponge and lightly smudged it with Basic Black ink (I actually used my sponge I had used previously and didn’t add and new ink and had just the right amount). Next I added a piece of designer series paper from the Happy Hauntings Designer Series Paper Package and crumpled it up first for some added texture.  Next I used one of the decorative strips from the Treat Bag Thinlit set and the Big Shot to cut the strip of stars out of Basic Black cardstock and added a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper for a hint of sparkle.

I created the cute potion bottles using the Sweet Hauntings stamp set and stamped on Rich Razzleberry, Tangelo Twist, and Basic Gray cardstock before cutting them out with Paper Snips and attaching the outer two with dimensionals.  For a final touch, I had a remnant piece of the 1 ¼” Burlap Ribbon sitting on my desk so I decided to attach it to the cardfront to look like a wooden shelf for the bottles to rest.

I love how this card turned out!  The sayings from the hostess set make the perfect background and the potion bottles, stars, and glitter add lots of fun!  Make sure to check out the other design team cards, you’re going to love these sets and want to host your own party so you can get any of these sets for FREE (make sure to stay tuned there will be a special hostess incentive starting on Friday, October 9 that will make it an even better time to have your friends over for a party!)
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog