Friday, October 23, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Remembering Your Birthday

 
 
 
Good morning and Happy Friday!  I know I have had holidays on the brain lately which has been influencing my creative projects lately (and let’s be honest will continue to) but we all know that people have birthdays year round so I decided to take a break and work on a birthday card for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge so I’m ready to go.  Elizabeth gave us this fun sketch that’s a great way to either showcase a large stamped image or some fabulous designer series paper (you know I love my DSP).  I decided to go bright and cheery using the Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper Stack and all it’s wonderful colors. 

I started with Mint Macaron cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Brickwall Embossing Folder (who says bricks can’t be non-standard colors?).  I added a large piece of the Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper and matted it with Pacific Point cardstock.  For a fun, shiny accent I used half of a silver foil doily (one of the small ones) at the bottom of the DSP piece.  For the greeting I used  the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set and I stamped it in Basic Black ink on Calypso Coral cardstock.  I cut tails on the ends of the greeting piece and then folded the end inside so it looks like a ruffled piece and dimensionals help make the greeting really pop up off the cardfront.

 
 
This birthday stamp set is really a must have and remember, today is the last day to save 15% off all stamp sets.  I was so happy to get some of the stamp sets that have been on my wish list for awhile (sets from the Annual Catalog and Holiday catalog are part of this sale, whoo hoo!)

 
 
 
 
 






Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have a great weekend,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog