Monday, August 3, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge SSINKCC24: Six-Sided Sampler

Good morning!  It's back to another week and with the start of a new month it's time for the monthly color challenge over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog.  I'll admit that when I first saw these colors I immediately thought of Halloween but decided to wait (just a little bit longer) before starting Halloween Projects.  My first batch of goodies from the upcoming Holiday catalog will be delivered this week and it will include some Halloween products that I'm really excited about.  For this card I decided to make an all occasion card.

I started with Calypso Coral for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that was matted with Elegant Eggplant.  On the Whisper White layer I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to stamp on the background with Calypso Coral, Elegant Eggplant, and a little Crumb Cake.  Next I added a piece of Cucumber Crush Designer Series Paper from the Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack and a little piece of Silver Sequin Trim for a little bling.

I used the Six-Sided Sampler stamp set to stamp all the hexagons using all three colors and then punched them out with the coordinating Hexagon Punch.  All the hexagons were glued onto the cardfront with the exception of the greeting and the Calypso Coral alphabet piece where I used dimensionals for a little texture.

This card is nice and fun and perfect when you want to brighten a friends day.  The other designers have shared some beautiful cards for further inspiration so go check them out and then play along with the challenge for some creative fun!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. cute card! I have to say that hearing the names of the new In Colors didn't do anything for me but I love the Cucumber Crush...reminds me of Gumball Green which reminded me of Glorious Green and all three are great year round colors but especially awesome for Christmas colors..

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog