Friday, August 7, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Traveler

Good morning!  It’s Friday and this weekend is Chris’ birthday so we’re planning on a weekend full of activities for the birthday guy!  I firmly believe in celebrating birthdays, no matter if it is mine or others, all must be enjoyed.  Before the birthday fun starts, I’m sharing my card for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge.  Carol gave us a classic layout what is perfect for the stamped image of the train from the Traveler stamp set.  I had this piece of paper already stamped on my desk and decided to build my card around this piece (you know it’s almost impossible for a crafter to throw away something that you can use on another project).

I started with Lost Lagoon cardstock  for the cardbase and then added a piece of Soft Suede cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder.  I also added a piece of designer series paper from the Typeset Speciality Designer Series Paper that was sponged with Soft Suede Ink.  I also used a piece of Lost Lagoon 3/8” Stitched Cotton Ribbon around the middle of the card.

The main stamped image is from the Traveler stamp set using Soft Suede ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then matted with Blackberry Bliss cardstock (I used dimensionals to attach it to the cardfront).  The greeting from the And Many More stamp set and was punched out with the Washi Label Punch.  For a little fun I added a couple looks of Early Espresso Baker’s Twine before attaching the greeting to the card with dimensionals.

This card has several of my favorite items and I love that cards like this can be used equally well for guys or gals and didn’t take lots of time to create!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have an enjoyable weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog