Friday, August 14, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Card Sketch: Celebrate Today

Good morning!  It’s another Friday and since this is the last full weekend we have at home before school starts we haven’t jam packed it with activities (yet, I know there’s still time).  Looking forward to some fun this evening stamping with the ladies at my first Paper Pumpkin Play Date (it’s a fun event so if you want to come just send me a text we would love to have you) and then I have a list a mile long of things I would like to get done before vacation.  This week Patrice provided the sketch challenge over on the Sketch Frenzy Friday blog.  I had in mind part of what I wanted to do for this card but I was struggling with the background until I was looking through my pack of Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper that just screamed background, so away I went! 

 
 
I started with Bermuda Bay cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper that was matted with Daffodil Delight cardstock for a little extra color.  The stamp set I used for this card is Celebrate Today, the greeting was stamped along the bottom using Cucumber Crush Ink.  To make the balloon I stamped the dots and stars image on Watermelon Wonder cardstock using Whisper White Craft Ink and used my Heat Tool (on the low setting) to set the ink before cutting it out with the Big Shot and Balloons Framelits (so easy!!)  Next I cut a piece of Cucumber Crush 1” Lace Trim and just cut a small piece of the edge off and tied it in a bow and used Whisper White Baker’s Twine to make the balloon strings.  Dimensionals are a must on this card so it isn’t too flat.

I didn’t know how this card would look when I was finished but it’s cute and cheery, perfect to celebrate a happy occasion.  The design team is sharing some other great cards so please, go check them out for further inspiration and then play along and share your creation so we can all enjoy! 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful weather!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog