Monday, August 24, 2015

SSINKspiration Masculine Monday: Guy Greetings

Good morning!  Even though I’m away there’s always time for a little creativity so this morning I’m back and sharing a super easy card for this months Masculine Monday post over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog.  I’ll admit these posts are great to help force myself to work on those “dude” cards that aren’t typically our go to theme and since I have a lot of guys in my life I like to make sure I have a stock of cards, perfect for them and any occasion and the Guy Greetings stamp set is so perfect all types of “dude” cards.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of  Soft Suede cardstock and I used the shoe image to stamp a line of shoes along the bottom using Soft Suede ink.  Next I added a large piece of Chocolate Chips Designer Series Paper from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack.  Next I took a piece of Delightful Dijon cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and the Chevron Embossing Folder (I crumbled it up and then sponged all over the embossed piece with Soft Suede ink to help highlight the chevrons and age the cardstock). 

The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped on Whisper White cardstock with soft Suede ink, punched out with the Extra Large Oval Punch and then sponged around the edges before attaching to the cardfrot with dimensionals.  For a final touch a took a Gold Metal Button and threaded two pieces of Early Espresso Baker’s Twine through the button holes and then tied a double bow and attached it to the cardfront with a glue dot.

I’ll admit, I really to have lots of textures and dimensions on cards but especially masculine cards to help elevate them.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team shared, I’m sure you’ll find the perfect idea for your next dude project. 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
I hope you enjoyed today’s card and enjoy the day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog