Friday, July 25, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Endless Birthday Wishes

Happy Friday friends! Chris has been out of town this weekend so Aidan and I have been hanging out and looking forward to a fun weekend before we pick Chris up (I think we'll be spending lots of time at the pool as long as the weather cooperates).  Before we get the weekend started it's time for another Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge and we have another great sketch designed by Patrice.  I was excited with the recent announcement that the Endless Wishes Photopolymer Stamp set is back in stock and available so I decided to use this set for this weeks card.  I started with a Pistachio Pudding Cardbase and added a layer of Bermuda Bay cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Arrows Embossing Folder.  For the greeting I used the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set and used Stampin' Write Markers so I just got the "Happy Birthday" words from the set (the sentiment in full is about belated birthdays) and matted that piece with Melon Mambo cardstock.
 
I thought the birthday cake from the Endless Wishes stamp set is so cute so I stamped it with Memento Ink (I love the crisp image you get with this new ink and it doesn't run when you watercolor the images.  I used Stampin' Write Markers and a blender pen to color in the cake.  I punched this piece out with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch and matted it with Basic Gray cardstock punched out with the 2" Circle Punch.  I used a two way glue pen to add some Dazzling Diamonds to the top of the candles for extra sparkle.
 
To amp up the birthday fun I used a couple of the script words from the same stamp set and punched them out with the Large Oval Punch and used dimensionals to attach all the different elements to the card.  This is a pretty simple card but has lots of different elements for added fun. 
 
The other designers are sharing some great ideas to go along with this sketch so go check them out and then come play along with us, it's great to see all the different ideas people come up with.
 
Below are easy ordering links for all the products used in today's card:
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog