Thursday, July 3, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration All About Birthdays: Blessed Easter

Good morning!  We're having a great time and really enjoying seeing family that we don't get to see often, it's so great that Aidan has this opportunity to spend time with his grandparents and great grandparents, I love it!  Today over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog it's all about birthdays and despite the title of this post I have a really fun project to share.  So as you know in this new catalog Stampin' Up! is premiering new alcohol based markers, called Blendabilities.  These markers are very different than our Stampin' Write Markers and are great for watercolor (plus as an added bonus you can color our pearls and rhinestones to make custom embellishments, awesome!)  So for this card I decided to play around with these new markers. 
 
For the cardbase I used Rich Razzleberry cardstock and then added a piece of Old Olive DSP from the Brights Designer Series Background Paper Package and layered that with a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock that I cut out with the Big Shot and the Hexagon Hive Thinlit die so you just get a peek of the DSP in the background.
 
For the main image I looked for something that would be great to color and decided to go to My Digital Studio and used the Blessed Easter Digital Download.  All you need to do is edit the image so you only get the flower and then print it out on Whisper White Cardstock (tip:  one great thing about out stamp brush sets in My Digital Studio is that you can resize the images so you can make them bigger or smaller to suit what you need).  I used the Big Shot and Oval Collection Framelits to cut out the flowers and then used the blendabilities pens to color in the flower (in this case I used the Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive blendabilities markers).  After I got the tulips colored the way I wanted it used some Crumb Cake ink and sponged around the edge.  I layered this piece with a Tea Lace Paper Doilly to add a soft touch. 
 
The greeting is from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set so I stamped it and then punched it out with the Modern Label Punch stamp set before attaching it with dimensionals.
 
This card is so soft and pretty, I really like how you can create beautiful watercolor projects with these new markers and will enjoy playing around with the for a long time.
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on this card:

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog