Friday, July 18, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Card Sketch Challenge: Something to Say

Happy Friday!  What an amazing week!  I'm having such a wonderful time, so inspiring and fun, I can hardly contain myself.  Stampin' Up! really does know how to throw a party and I can't wait for all that's in store for us in the next year.  Aidan and my mom have also arrived and it's so great to see them (they're going to enjoy exploring the city while I'm at meetings, they have lots of fun playing around).  Before we started with today's activities I wanted to share with you the card I made for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday card sketch challenge.   I really like the sketch we were provided, it's open to lots of interpretation. 

For this card I started with Old Olive for the cardbase and then added a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock that's embossed with the Big Shot and the Tiny Triangles Embossing Folder. I wrapped some Whisper White Baker's Twine around the cardstock and then tied a knot so it would come together in the center. Next I used the Starburst Framelits and some Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper for the three different circles, it's fun playing with all the different patterns and colors and letting them be the star.

The greeting is from the Something to Say stamp set and was stamped in Tempting Turquoise.  I cut with little flag tails on the ends.  The final touch was to add a little star in Old Olive from the same stamp set that was punched out with the Itty Bitty Accent Star Punch and attached with dimensionals.

This card is so bright and cheery it really helps celebrate that special event.  Make sure to check out all the other cards the design team is sharing and we would love for you to play along with us.

Have a great Friday and weekend!

Diana
























Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog