Friday, July 4, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday: Be the Star Patriotic Feeling

Happy Friday and Happy 4th of July!  This is such a great holiday and one that my family has celebrated since I was a kid so we have lots of family traditions I enjoy passing on to Aidan.  Since it's Friday it's also time for another Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge and I really decided to play up the patriotic tone of this card to go along with the holiday. I decided to make this card for a friends daughter that just bought her first home and it's such an exciting time.  I started with Night of Navy for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I used the Hearts & Star Decorative Mask (love how easy these are!) and Night of Navy ink to create a fun background, before matting this with Real Red Cardstock. 

Next I pulled out my Big Shot and the Stars Framelits and cut a large star out of Red Glimmer Paper and then a smaller star that was stamped with the Be the Star stamp set in Night of Navy ink. The greeting is from the Really Good Greetings stamp set and I used Stampin' Write Markers to color directly on the stamp.  I used Paper Snips to cut tails on the ends and then sponged with Smoky Slate ink on the greeting.  I used dimensionals to layer the greeting and stars and then added a little paper piercing around the large star with the Paper Piercing Tool and Eclectic Paper Piercing Pack.

The final touch was to add a few more stars to the top right corner, I stamped the larger one in Real Red ink with the Be the Star stamp set and cut it out with the coordinating framelits and cut the smaller stars out of Champagne Shimmer Paper and the small star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.

Boy does this card scream patriotic, I love it!!! I have to admit I'm a huge star fan and have been missing those from our tools in recent years so I'm beside myself with all the star items new in this years catalog, I'm sure you're going to get sick of them, but I can't help myself. 

Make sure to check out all the other great projects the design team is sharing and come play along with the fun.

Below are easy ordering links for all the products used in today's card:
Have a happy and safe holiday weekend!

Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog