Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge: Monstermainiacs

Good morning!  While I was away at my retreat this weekend I was able to spend lots of time creating and playing and I can’t wait to share with you some of the results.  Today I decided to play along with the great sketch challenge being offered by the Paper Craft Crew.  There was a really cute stamp set released a few month’s ago, Monstermainiacs, that was designed during the contest where customers and demonstrators could submit their ideas for stamp sets, and it’s full of cute little critters.  I started with a Pool Party cardbase and then added a layer of Calypso Coral cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Arrows Textured Embossing Folder.  I used the I am Me Designer Series Paper for the gray chevron layer.

For the main stamped image I stamped two of the little monsters and colored them in with Stampin’ Write Markers, a Blender Pen, and Classic Inks before matting the piece with Real Red cardstock.  I used the same DSP for all the flags along the bottom of the image piece before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  A small bow out of Basic Black 3/8” Taffeta ribbon was used for a fun accent and the greeting is from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set.  To cut out the text bubble I used the Big Shot and the Word Bubble Framelits and ran it through the Big Shot twice to cut down the word bubble so it wasn’t so long before attaching with dimensionals.  The final touch was to add a few rhinestones along the side of the monster card layer, so fun!

This card turned out really cute and it was funny, these little monsters were a big hit at the retreat and several of the ladies made some really fabulous cards using these cuties.  I also really like how the bright colors work together for a whimsical touch.  To make things even better, I just found out that while the clear mounted set is no longer available for sale, the wood mounted stamp set is currently on the clearance rack, so if you want these guys for your projects you better grab them now before they sell out and are gone.

Have a great day!

Diana


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diane, Your card is adorable, I love those little monsters and your color selection is perfect!
    Where in VA do you live I am in Martinsburg WV ? Are you going to the Alexandria SU Event on the 28th? If so let's meet up there?
    Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane... SO totally adorable! I love this little monster set and your card is so much fun featuring the monsters. Love the fun, bright colors. Thanks so much for playing along with the paper craft crew. You and your card will be one of our Featured Artisans this week. Watch for a post later this evening.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog