Friday, February 7, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday: Express Yourself Birthday Wishes

I'm so excited it's Friday! Not only is it almost the weekend but we're celebrating a couple different birthdays this weekend and Aidan's having going to a sleepover so we get a free night (what to do??)  Also, we have the Pinewood Derby and it's always so fun to see the kids creations and then race them, no matter what they are so proud of their cars.  Today I'm sharing my card for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday Blog.  This is a nice and simple sketch that could be interpreted in so many ways.


The cardbase is Crisp Cantaloupe and I added a layer of Island Indigo Cardstock. The designer series paper is Boho Subway and has some of the new Gold Baker's Twine wrapped around the layers (this stuff is so awesome and much thicker than out other Baker's Twine). The sentiment is from the Express Yourself Hostess Stamp set and is punched out with the Modern Label Punch. I sponged around the edges of the greeting with Crumb Cake ink before attaching it the card with dimensionals. To create the flower element I used the 1 1/4" Scalloped circle punch and punched out three scallops using Summer Starfruit cardstock. I misted the cardstock and then crumpled up each layer. Next I sponged each layer while they were still damp with Crumb Cake ink and attached an Antique Brad to the center so I could squish it up while it was still damp and it dried nice and ruffled. A couple of glue dots was all that's needed to attach the flower to the cardfront.

This card turned out nice and fresh with a hint of grunge. I hope you enjoyed and that you're able to play along with us this weekend and share all creations using the linky button on the blog.

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Great use of the wonderful DSP. You are right is is a great sketch, giving us so many possibilities.Have fun this weekend/!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana, Great take on my sketch. I like to create simple sketches for the card maker to put their own twist on the creation. Love how you did the flowers and the twine. Jennifer Kay txjennywren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job, can't ever have enough birthday cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love the DSP. I need to cut into mine,

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog