Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Fab Friday Color Challenge: Hip Petite Petals

 
 

Welcome to Wednesday friends!  I have to admit this cold winter is really wearing on me and I'm ready for spring.  I was so excited when I saw this weeks Fab Friday color challenge since I love these colors and their really helping me get into a springtime frame of mind.   For this card I started with Coastal Cabana for the cardbase and added a layer of Crumb Cake cardstock that was stamped with the Woodgrain stamp with Crumb Cake ink and then I sponged around the edges with the same ink.  I added some Real Red 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon and then lots of flowers that were stamped with the Petite Petals stamp set and punched them out with the coordinating Petite Petals Punch.  I used my bone folder to curl up the edges of the flowers and then used a glue dot on the back of each flower so the have more dimension and texture.

 
For the greeting I sued the Hip Notes stamp set (this set is so fresh and fun) and colored it in with Stampin' Write Markers before punching it out with the Large Oval Punch and sponged around of the edges of the oval with Crumb Cake ink.  I used the Decorative Label Punch and some Coastal Cabana cardstock to make the perfect mat.
 
 
This card is so bright and cheery it is really helping me warm up and think that spring really will be here soon.  This is such a versatile color combination, it looks great for Christmas as well as all occasion cards, make sure to pin this so you can use it on your upcoming projects.
 
Happy stamping,
 
Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Love that cluster of flowers! When I first saw these colors but I immediately thought Valentine's day but you've really convinced me they work for spring too! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background and all of those flowers really make this card extra special! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog