Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Monster Valentine Treats, Three Ways

Good morning!  It's almost Valentine's Day, do you have all your cards and projects finished?  I'm still wrapping up the last couple items but I wanted to share some fun and easy ideas to give you some inspiration.  One of the great kits that Stampin' Up! offered this year were the Monster Hugs Valentine Treats in both a Boy (Item 132162) and Girl (Item 132163) Version.  These kits are great because you got all the supplies you need to make 18 of these cute little monsters for only $5.95.  Here are three different ideas all using the kits which are super easy and cute.

These are the basic treats, all you need to do is write the names for the Valentine's attach the candy and wrap the monster's arms around and add the little eyeball and heart, so cute!

For the next version I needed to make some candy treat cards for my Mom and Grandma to give to some special kids so I took the exact same monster and attached it to the front of the card.  For this card I used the  Adorning Accents Embossing Folder for the Heart Embossed strip, the Delightful Dozen Stamp set, and a Rhinestone for the center of the stamped heart.

The final treat is a little valentine box that I found the template online by a fellow demonstrator, Julie Davison, you can find her template HERE.  I gave Aidan the option of how he wanted to use the monster valentine's for his class gifts and he quickly decided on the boxes, because "then I can give more candy", too funny!  Julie's little boxes were so perfect I didn't change a thing and I was able to fit four little pieces of candy inside for a nice little treat.  The "I Like You" stamp set is from the You're Lovely stamp set that you can year FREE this year during Sale-a-bration and it was cut out with the Big Shot and the Hearts a Flutter framelits.
 
I hope I've given you a few ideas on how you can use these cute little monster treats to make valentine's that any kid, young or old will be sure to enjoy!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog