Saturday, July 20, 2013

Convention 2013 - Day 3 Yippee-Skippee Card Swap

Happy Saturday friends!  We're having an amazing time at convention this year.  After a full day of classes and sessions we had the awards ceremony and after party last night.  It's so fun to see such amazing demonstrators get recognized for their achievements, it really gives you something to aspire to.  Plus who doesn't love a little dessert, music, and dancing to end the evening.  I also hope all my peeps back home and on the east coast are getting so relief from the heat.  I've really enjoyed escaping from the humidity this week (it's still over 100 degrees here in SLC but the lack of humidity really does make a difference).
 
  Today I'm sharing another swap card I made.  This once is pretty simple but was a big hit.  The cardbase is Crumb Cake and I added a layer of Very Vanilla and I stamped the greeting from Yippee-Skippee (I've warned you I love this set) that I colored in with Gumball Green and Baked Brown Sugar Stampin' Write Markers.
 
Next I ran a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock through the Big Shot with the Hexagon Embossing folder.  I also added a layer of Epic Day This and That Designer Series Paper and the oh so fabulous Baked Brown Sugar Ruffled Stretch ribbon for flag layers.  The final touch was to add a flower I made with the Simply Pressed Clay Button and Flowers Mold and Simply  Pressed Clay.  I did color the clay with reinkers (this was actually Bermuda Bay) and then let them dry before attaching it to the card with Tombo Mono Liquid Adhesive.  This clay is so fun and I love that even after it drys it still have a "squishy" texture that is so fun.
 
I hope you're enjoying these projects and remember, I'm hosting a special class next Sunday, July 28 at 1:00PM called "The Boys are Away, Let's Play Just Cards Class."  We'll be making 5 of the swap cards that I designed for convention so you'll get to get in on some of the fun.  Make sure to RSVP soon to reserve your space.  Hope to see you there!
 
Take care!
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog