Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge: Bring on the Cake

Welcome back friends.  I love the joy you get and receive when someone receives a hand stamped, personalized card in the mail for a special occasion so I really work hard to make sure to send greetings to special people in my life so they know how special they are.  For this weeks Create with Connie and Mary Sketch challenge I decided to use the challenge for a special birthday.  This card is so bright and cheery which fits this person to a T.

The cardbase is Melon Mambo and I added is piece of Island Indigo that I punched with the Scalloped Trim Border Punch as well as Whisper White, and the Gingham Garden designer series paper.  I like to hid seams where paper meet as much as possible so in this case I used a piece of Daffodil Delight 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon.  I used the Paper-Piercing Tool and the Festive Paper-Piercing Pack to make an outline for the Label Collections Framelit shape.  Then I stamped the birthday greeting from the Bring on the Cake stamp set in Island Indigo, cut it out with the Big Shot and the Label Collection Framelits and then sponged around the edge with Melon Mambo ink before attaching it to the card with dimensionals.
 
For the flower accent I cut a small flower piece with the Floral Frames Framelits and scrunched it up.  The leaves were cut with the Bird Builder punch and I added a small white flower I made with the Simply Pressed Clay and the Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Mold.  I like these clay flowers and I have several made in different colors as well as white so I can use them at a moments notice for a project (can color the white pieces with markers for customer colored accents, love it!)
 
This card is fun and fresh and will really brighten up some one's special day.  I'm also mailing this card this week so I'll be interested to see how the clay element handles the postal processing.  If you haven't tried the Simply Pressed Clay you really should, it's fun and easy and you get a lot out of each bag of clay (I've made over 100 different elements of different sizes and still haven't used half of my package of clay.
 
Happy Stamping,
 
Diana

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. lovely card,i love the colours and texture, thanks for sharing!

    http://stampinuptown.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thanks paula

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog