Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Seasonal Sayings Valentine Greetings

Happy Wednesday!  I had so much fun making the projects last week for the Stylin’ Stampin’ Blog hop that featured fabric this month that I just couldn’t stop. Today I’m sharing one of the cards we made at this month’s Just Cards class that was a big hit with the ladies.  I decided you could always use another Valentine card and since I had a scrap of More Amore fabric sitting on my studio desk this card came together very easily.  I started with a cardbase of Very Vanilla and sponged around the edge with Crumb Cake ink, then added a layer of Basic Black underneath my Real Red main layer.  To this piece I stamped with the Seasonal Sayings stamp set (another great stamp set that carried over from the Holiday catalog) which Basic Black ink.  Then I ran a piece of Sticky Strip across the cardstock and just ruffled the fabric all along the front of the card and wrapped the edges around the back. 
 
The heart element was created with taking a piece of Basic Black cardstock and running it through the Big Shot with the Hearts a Flutter framelit for the scalloped heart and then added a heart punched with the Large Heart Punch and Silver Glimmer paper.  The small heart was punched with First Edition Speciality DSP and the Small Heart punch.
 
This card was definetely a hit in class and I reminded the ladies that while I don’t really sew I love the Stampin’ Up! fabric not only because of the fabulous designs but I like to use it like ribbon and it’s very economical considering that you get three large fat quarters in each package of fabric for only $9.95 and I just tear off strips to use like ribbon.  You should definitely check it out!
Enjoy,
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog