Thursday, February 14, 2013

One More Valentine Share, For the Kiddo!

Good evening!  I hope you’re having a fun day, showing all your friends and family how much you care for them today (and every day).  Valentine’s Day has a whole new meaning and freshness when you have kids.  I have so much fun making gifts for Aidan and other kids in our lives and have so much fun seeing how the kids embrace the holiday.  Aidan was up very early this morning and we had to exchange gifts first thing this morning (think of like Christmas) and was so excited about the cards and thoughts that people put into each item.  I thought I would hop back online and share with you the card and gift I made for Aidan this year.  First of all you have to know that Aidan loves glitter and believes you can never have too much (a kid after my own heart!)  So this card uses the Pool Party Coredinations cardstock and I ran it through the Big Shot with the Hexagon embossing folder (I love how you can sand this paper and see the core color of the cardstock for some extra dimension.  The scalloped heart is from the More Amore Speciality DSP and are laser cut.  I also added hearts punched from the same DSP with the small heart and large heart punches. 
I also used Red and Silver Glimmer paper and the Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die for the XOXO.  The greeting was from the valentine treat bundle and I thought it was perfect for a kid’s valentine and I used Dazzling Diamonds and a two way glue pen to add glitter round the edge of the heart.  Aidan was so excited and loved the card.
The second project I’m sharing is a little treat bucket that held all of Aidan’s Valentine’s treats.  I love to get the little pails from the Dollar Spot of my local store and while initially I would buy all the different holiday versions but now that I have so many I like to get plain ones that I can dress up as necessary so their more versatile so I got a silver pail with polka dots.  All I did was add a strip of More Amore fabric that I just tore and tied a big fluffy bow.  Nice and simple.  Aidan like it but I think he liked the Pokemon cards in the pail more than the actual pail itself.
 
Enjoy the rest of your special day! 
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog