Friday, February 15, 2013

Blue Ribbon, Your Amazing Birthday Greetings for My Little Man!

Happy Friday!  Today is a very exciting day in the Eichfeld house, its Aidan’s birthday.  Aidan’s so excited for his birthday (just like mommy) and he’s been getting ready for it all week, in fact yesterday was not only Valentine’s Day but “Aidan’s Birthday Eve,” too funny!  So I’ve had an idea in mind for what I wanted to do for Aidan’s birthday card ever since I saw the Blue Ribbon and Your Amazing stamp set that were released last summer.  I used MDS2 and the World Explorer Digital kit to make Aidan’s birthday party invitation so it only made sense that his birthday card would coordinate. For this card I made all the little elements first before determining the card size, which was a good thing since I ended up needing a 6x6 card to fit everything.  The cardbase is Daffodil Delight and then I added a piece World Spectacular Designer Series paper that was matted with Early Espresso.  I added a coordinating strip of DSP, also matted with Early Espresso that I punched with the Scalloped Trim border punch.  The greeting is from the Your Amazing stamp set and I inked the words in with Stampin’ Write Markers, and the border is one of the new single stamp sets, Basic Label (definitely one of my favorites and I love that it coordinates with the Apothecary Framelits).  I added a couple of Turquoise brads from the Brights Brads as accents. 

The medallion piece has lots of layers, including the Blue Ribbon “ribbon” stamp, Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, Daffodil Delight tails and a lolly made with the same package of DSP and the Simply Scored board (love this!!!).  I changed the original card since I realized it said Happy Birthday twice so changed out the center of the ribbon and added a stamped circle and then a glitter “8” cut with the Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die since Aidan is turning 8 today.  The final touch was the small elephant from the Your Amazing stamp set, I stamped him in Island Indigo ink, cut him out with Paper Snips and colored him in with markers.  An Island Indigo Dalia made a perfect accent for the top of the party hat.  I even stamped a couple balloons from the same stamp set on the inside of the card.

Due to the size of this card I had to make a matching envelope with the World Spectacular DSP, Simply Scored board, and Diagonal Scoring Plate (you can get this FREE during Sale-a-bration so don’t miss out adding it to your tool box). 

I have to admit this card was a labor of love, I don’t know if I’ve ever spent this much time on one card, it must have been about 1 ½ hours to make all the little elements.  I really love how this card turned out and can’t wait to see how Aidan likes it.  We’re off to a busy weekend celebrating, we have our family celebration tonight and then Aidan is having some friends over for laser tag and a sleepover this week, lots of fun!
Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog