Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge #332: Painted Poppies

Good morning!

A fresh new week and I'm enjoying the little bit of spring we're feeling (I'll take every moment I can get) and I'm channeling feelings of spring that will be here soon as inspiration for this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge card.  I love the Peaceful Poppies Product Suite in the new catalog and all the bright, cheery colors!

For this card I used Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then created the cardfront using Poppy Parade cardstock and embossing it with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder and sponged all over the top to help accent the pattern.


The patterned paper is from the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper and then matted with Basic Black cardstock.  For the main stamped image I used the Painted Poppies Dies and cut the swirly circle piece out of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the flowers from the Painted Poppies stamp set (I inked only part of the stamp image so it fit in the circle) and colored them in with Stampin' Blends and attached it to the card with dimensionals.

To finish off the card I add a greeting that's from the Sending You Thoughts stamp set and stamped it on a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock that was punched out with the Story Label Punch.  The bow accent was created with the Nature's Twine and I took 2 pieces of the Blackberry Bliss Twine and separated the twine into 3 pieces (a total of 6 strands) and tied a bow.

This card is sure to bring spring feelings to anyone who receives it and brighten their day.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing for inspiration and we would love for you to play along and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Diana, I too love the Peaceful Poppies Suite. I love how you framed your flowers and the Designer Series paper. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing your talent with Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog