Monday, June 3, 2019

Picture Perfect Graduation Greetings!

Good afternoon!

This weekend we had the privilege to attend a high school graduation party for a friend, what a wonderful reason to celebrate.  I like to try to personalize the card for the recipient and graduations are the perfect time to use the graduates school colors so I made this card that uses a couple of retiring items (that will only be available until tonight) in unique ways.  This card was inspired by my friend Bree's graduation card that she shared last week, you can see it HERE which I just loved.

I started with Thick Whisper White cardstock for the cardbase and then added a mat of Basic Black cardstock for the Pumpkin Pie cardfront which was embossed with the Big Shot and Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of the Broadway Bound Speciality Designer Series Paper (retiring and on sale!) which the fun foil accents.

The greeting is from the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set (retiring) and was stamped in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock.  I used the Bokeh Dots stamp set to make the fun fireworks type pattern in the background using Pumpkin Pie ink.  Before attaching the greeting to the cardfront with dimensionals I matted it with Basic Black cardstock.

To finish off the card I made this cute graduation cap punch art piece, using the Tailored Tag Punch and Balloon Bouquet Punch (retiring) as well as some Whisper White Baker's Twine (you can search on Pinterest to find how to make the cap, it's not my creation!)

I was beyond happy with how this card turned out, and using a "birthday" stamp set for graduation only extends it's usefulness (trust me this one will not be leaving my studio any time soon.  Reminder today is the last day to order retiring items from the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog and the 2019 Occasions Catalog so make sure to check your list to make sure you have everything you wanted before it's too late!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog