Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge #317: Delightful Day

Good morning!

I am in love with so many things in the new Annual Catalog I have to admit I feel a little overwhelmed trying to decide where to start and what to spend time with first.  I know, crazy problem, but at least we have a full year to enjoy everything.  It was in that vein that I made this card for this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge, mixing a little old with a little new.

I started with Petal Pink cardstock for the cardbase and then added a cardfront using Blackberry Bliss cardstock that was embossed with the Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder.  Next I took a piece of So Saffron cardstock and embossed it with the Tufted Dynamic Embossing Folder and added a few Gold Metallic Pearls in the bottom right corner.



The Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper is absolutely stunning (it was hard to cut up) so I added a strip to the card and wrapped a piece of Blueberry Bushel 1/8" Grosgrain Ribbon and tied a bow.  To finish off the card I added the greeting, from the new Delightful Day stamp set and used my Stampin' Write Markers to color directly on the stamp before stamping on Whisper White cardstock and cutting it out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I sponged around the edges with Old Olive ink and then attached the greeting with dimensionals.

I wouldn't normally put these colors together but they work so well in this designer series paper I took it's design as the lead and am really happy with how it turned out.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create using this sketch.

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog