Monday, June 18, 2018

SSINKspiration Fun Folds Challenge SSINKFF5: Easel Card

Good morning! We're back at the start of a new week which means the SSINKspiration blog has a new challenge, and this time its a Fun Folds challenge and we're making Easel Cards.  These cards really pack some WOW but are actually really easy to make.  I decided to make a modified easel and have a partial easel on top of my cardfront so the card does also open the traditional way, but the steps are pretty much the same.

I started with Mossy Meadow cardstock for the cardbase and then added a pieces of DSP from the Share What You Love Speciality Designer Series Paper (make sure not to glue it down yet).  Next I cut my easel piece out of Mossy Meadow and after scoring it I glued the one piece down between the cardbase and cardfront.  Next it was just like a regular easel card.  I used Basic Black as my mat and for the stamped piece I used Whisper White cardstock and the Love What You Do stamp set.  The watercolor image was stamped in Mint Macaron (stamped off once) and then the flower in Basic Black. 

Before attaching these stamped pieces to the easel I took a piece of Whisper White 1/8" Sheer Ribbon that I had colored with a Mossy Meadow Stampin' Write Marker and wrapped it around the back and then tied a bow.

To help my easel stay up I used the Big Shot and the small flower die from the Springtime Impressions Thinlits and cut it out of Basic Black cardstock.  Now since I can't use a dimensional on an open flower like this I just cut three of these flower pieces and then glued them together so they were taller and then added a silver metallic pearl, from the Metallic Pearls, to the center.

The final touch was to add the greeting which is stamped in Mossy Meadow ink on Whisper White cardstock and then I used the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut it out into a rectangle shape (just run it through the Big Shot twice and move the die to adjust from a square to rectangle shape.

This is such a fun technique and is a great way to show off a fun stamped image, but also a picture, I've used this fold for Christmas cards in the past and wouldn't it also make a great graduation, baby, or wedding announcement?  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create using this fold technique.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog