Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Hand Stamped Sentiment Sketch Challenge #292: Broadway Birthday

Good morning!  When I first saw the new annual catalog there were so many new stamp sets I loved but I knew the one that would be on my very first order was the Broadway Birthday stamp set and all the other items in the Broadway Bound Product Suite are just awesome!  Today I decided to use the products in this product suite for this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge (and it looks like several other of the designers were thinking the same thing and sharing some love for these items).

I started with Gray Granite cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Scattered Sequins Dynamic Embossing Folder.  I added a piece of Lovely Lipstick (one of the new 2018-2020 In Colors as well as a piece of Broadway Bound Speciality Designer Series Paper (love that every piece of paper in this pack has some design that has metallic accents!)

Next I used a 1 1/4" Circle Punch to punch out four circles from Basic Black cardstock.  The party hat is a pattern from the designer series paper package and one of the dies in the coordinating Broadway Lights Framelits for a perfectly colored and cut element.  I did add a little Gold Metallic Pearl from the Metallic Pearls for a fun accent and attached the party hat with a dimensional.

For the greeting I stamped the "hooray" in Gray Granite ink and then used Basic Black ink for the dots on Whisper White cardstock (by this stamp being photopolymer it's super easy to line these up) and then used my Paper Snips to cut at the greeting and attached it to the cardfront. Then I stamped the rest of the greeting in Basic Black ink on Lovely Lipstick cardstock and then punched it out with the Classic Label Punch and used dimensionals to pop it up.


This is such a fun and elegant card, perfect for the young or young at heart and don't you feel a card is extra special when it has a little metallic or sparkle accent?  I know I do which is why I love it so.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing for inspiration and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog