Friday, April 27, 2018

SSINKspiration Animal Frenzy: This Little Pig

Good morning! I don't know about you but animals certainly add a little something special to our lives, I know our little Mocha does.  Today the SSINKspiration decided to have a little animal fun and make cards inspired by these little guys.  Now I don't have any dog stamps but when I was a kid my brother raised pigs so I decided to use the This Little Piggy stamp set for a whimsical card to provide a little needed inspiration and support.

I started with Melon Mambo cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Dapper Denim DSP from the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack (retiring).  Next I used the Starburst Punch to punch a circle out of Smoky Slate cardstock and then embossed it with the Big Shot and Petal Pair Textured Embossing Folders.

For the main stamped image I stamped my flying piggy on Shimmery White cardstock using Tuxedo Black ink and then colored her in using Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen (for the toes and nose) and Pink Pirouette (retiring) and Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends Markers, along with the Color Lifter.  I went over the image several times to get the desired look.  I used Soft Sky to stamp the clouds on the cardstock before matting it with Dapper Denim cardstock.

For the ribbon element I used the Whisper White 1/4" Organza Ribbon (retiring) and colored it using the Pink Pirouette Dark Blends Marker.  To finish off the greeting I stamped the "...so she did" using Dapper Denim ink on Melon Mambo cardstock and then punched it out with the Classic Label Punch and attached it to the cardfront with mini dimensionals.
This is such a fun and cute card I really like how it turned out!  And who doesn't love a little coloring therapy?

Below are easy ordering link for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog