Thursday, December 21, 2017

Fab Friday Free for All: Christmas Sweaters

Good morning!  Unfortunately sickness has hit the Eichfeld house and both the guys are under the weather so mama is trying as best I can to take care of them, sanitize everything in sight, and hopefully escape their fate, haha!  The need for Christmas cards continues, so I was excited to this weeks Fab Friday Free for All Challenge to make another fun card using the retiring Christmas Sweaters stamp set as well as some coloring fun with the new Stampin' Blends (these markers are awesome, if you don't have them there's still time to tell Santa you would love these for your Christmas gift (gift certificates fit perfectly in the stocking!!)

I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Night of Navy cardstock as a matt for the Crumb Cake cardfront.  On the cardfront I used the greeting from the Christmas Sweaters stamp set and stamped randomly in Cherry Cobbler and Night of Navy ink up from the bottom of the card.  I also added a few rhinestones in the top left corner for a little bling.




For the main image I used the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes framelits to cut a base out of Whisper White cardstock.  The sweater was stamped on a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock using Momento Black ink and then I used the Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, and Ivory Stampin' Blends to color the sweater.  I used Paper Snips to cut out the sweater and then attached it to the circle piece using dimensionals.

I didn't use a lot of embellishments on this card so the stamping could really be the focus for this fun and festive card.  I've colored several more of the different sweater designs (I was able to take the markers and stamped images and color on the go) so I'll be finishing up several more cards and get them out soon!  Remember since this stamp set is retiring it will only be available until January 2, or while supplies last so even if you can't use it this year, you will want this in your stamp stash for next year!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the stamped background and your sweater tops it off perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Diana - this is totally the cutest card I have seen with this stamp set - how brilliant to do a "background" with that sentiment, too - amazing! Love this! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog