Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Fab Friday Color Challenge: Merry Little Labels

Good afternoon!  With all the holiday festivities I can find it easy to get overwhelmed and wonder how it's all going to get done (anyone else feel like that?).  Sometimes when that happens I need to step back and take a breath to reset myself.  I had to do this last night and so I retreated to my studio and forgot about everything on my to do list and decided to take a couple minutes just to play.  This time I used the Fab Friday color challenge as my inspiration and decided to mix some non-holiday items with holiday goodies to make this fun holiday card that is sure to spread Christmas cheer.

I started with Whisper White Thick cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Emerald Envy cardstock as a mat for the Lemon Lime Twist Designer Series paper (from the Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack, and definitely not Christmasy).

Next I took a piece of Merry Little Christmas Designer series paper (I like how the black breaks up all the color and helps ground it), matted it with Real Red cardstock and then wrapped a piece of Lemon Lime Twist 1/4" Ombre Ribbon around the center.

For the greeting I used the Merry Little Labels stamp set (this set will be retiring at the end of the month and is only available while supplies last) and inked it up using Stampin' Write Markers and Whisper White cardstock and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  The final touch was to add a few Black Rhinestone Jewels (also retiring) to help accent the black.

These colors are so fresh and fun and perfect for the holidays, or any other time.  After the making my card I was much calmer and ready to tackle an item on my to do list (plus since I'm still working on Christmas cards I have a feeling this card is going to be heading out the door soon!)  I hope you're enjoying all the fun of the holiday season, and when things get a little stressful just step back and take a few minutes for your self to reset, it's well worth it!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card: 

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Great clean layout! Great job coloring that sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect - you picked my fave sentiment from that set, too. Love the combo of papers you used! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog