Friday, September 19, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Mixed Bunch Birthday Greetings

Happy Friday!  Just a few hours before we get to start the weekend and from what I hear we're going to get a least one more weekend of "summer-like" weather before fall may officially take over so I'm going to enjoy the sun and fun while I can.  Today it's time for another card for the Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge.  Stacey gave us the layout this week and boy was it fun.  I have lots of September birthdays so I decided to use this sketch for one of the birthday cards I needed (love it when I get to share the joy with the cards I make) so this card was made for a special young girl we adore.  I started out with Tempting Turquoise cardstock for the cardbase and then layered it with Basic Gray cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder.  Next I added a flag made of the Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper.  I also added three large rhinestones to the bottom right corner of the cardfront.

I used the Mixed Bunch stamp set for the flower and stamped the flower twice in Strawberry Slush ink, once on Whisper White and again on Strawberry Slush before punching out the flowers with the Blossom Punch.  I used my bone folder to help curl up the petals.  The center of the flower uses the same stamp set and is stamped in Tempting Turquoise before being punched out with the 3/4" Circle Punch and attached it with dimesionals.  A rhinestone is the perfect accent for the center.

The greeting is from the Good Greetings Stamp set (an exclusive hostess stamp set you can get for FREE right now when you have a party or order of $300 or more (in addition the normal hostess benefits)).  I stamped it on a strip of Pistachio Pudding cardstock with Tempting Turquoise ink.  Now to get the shape, I used my Big Shot and the Windows Collection Framelits and just centered the strip in the window to give a fun shape to the label and attached it to the card with dimesionals.  It's fun to see what different shapes you can make using the framelits in non-traditional ideas.

This card is so bright and cheery, perfect to spread special birthday greetings, so fun.  Make sure to check out the other design team cards, so much inspiration.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Happy stamping,

Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog